There are probably billions of fears in the world.....the fear of height,spiders,small and enclosed places and so on.Many believe that the only way to overcome your fear is to face it.Somehow,this has not worked for me.
Ever heard of the fear of public speaking? Yup, a chicken in front of a crowd.That's me all right.I may not be scared when I'm speaking in front of a small crowd of familiar faces,but when a sea of faces which I can't recognize stare at me,my brain just shuts down
however.... there were a few suggestions and methods that I found rather helpful :)
1 ) Always arrive at hall or area,which you will be speaking at earlier.Familiarize yourself with the surroundings and test out the equipment to prevent mishaps.
2) Choose a position in which you will feel comfortable and not stiff !
3) Write your own speeches so that it sounds like you and not anyone else
this will enhance your presentation and seem more natural....
The above methods will allow you to fell more comfortable presenting your speech therefore lifting part of the burden off your back.And if the suggestions above still don't help,try doing what I do.....how a great sense of HUMOUR !..Most of the time,we don't enjoy public speaking because of our egos.We are afraid of committing an embarrassing crime that might bruise our egos.The only way to hand such a problem is by LAUGHING it off !!!
Therefore,if you ever face a situation where you're asked to speak in public,just go ahead and do it!Sure your hands may shiver,your legs turn to jelly,and your expressions are stoned,but if you see the fun side and ACT confident,I assure you things will go just fine.If things don't go as planned,remember,LAUGHTER is the best medicine and will definitely heal a bruised ego! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment